FE 24-70 f/4: Holding me back from going to A7x

Started Aug 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
Robgo2 Veteran Member • Posts: 5,026
Re: Some samples....

neatokino wrote:

I'd always recommend a set of 3 primes over the zoom. With the Batis 25 (or Sony 28mm f2) and Batis 85 and the Sony 55 you'd be out a ton of $$$ but you'd have everything you'd ever need from the 24-70 only better. You'll get sharper images and 2+ extra stops. Changing lenses is not a huge deal and shouldn't be a factor. Saving space and $ are more significant reasons to buy the zoom.

I am mostly a prime lens shooter, and what what works best for me is to change lenses as infrequently as possible. I choose a focal length for a given outing and stick with it. For me, it is usually either 35 or 50mm. Of course, I may miss some potentially good images at other focal lengths, but by the same token, I will get all that I can from that single focal length. It's a different mentality from using zoom lenses, and it does not suit everyone, but it can be enjoyable and very rewarding. BTW, I am not excessively rigid about this, and I do have a 90/2.8 legacy lens and an FE 16-35.

Rob

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow