FE 24-70 f/4: Holding me back from going to A7x

Started Aug 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
Wayne Brissette Regular Member • Posts: 414
Re: Some samples....

With every response, you sound more shrill and I suspect most people are tuning out more. Go read through the responses on this thread and you'll see there are quite a few of us who are happy with the lens. You hate the lens, we get that. I do suspect that there must be some good and some bad copies out there. I don't think every one is going to fall into either category.I use the 24-70 as my main carry around lens when hiking myself and I like it.

Bottom line, some of us like our copy. You didn't like yours, we get that. We also get that the reviews have not been positive for this lens. That said, some of us are saying, the lens we have isn't as bad as the reviewers have said, if our copy was, then we would see major issues in our photos, and they just aren't showing up.

I think the best option for the person wanting to know how the lens works is to actually test it themselves (easier said than done these days I know). The results will speak volumes about should they or shouldn't they spend their money on it.

Wayne Brissette's gear list:Wayne Brissette's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha a7R Sony Alpha a7 Sony a77 II +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow