FE 24-70 f/4: Holding me back from going to A7x

Started Aug 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
jaybr Senior Member • Posts: 1,591
Re: Some samples....

Heh,

A comprehensive test? in German which I can't understand, and a YouTube video which I can't clearly analyse or compare the images. Is that the best you can offer?

The photographylife link I posted earlier made a clear comparison test, which you seem to ignore. It actually states the FE 28-70mm performs better than the FE 24-70mm. So yes, if you want a cheap lens, get the FE 28-70mm, it also is (according to photographylife) the BETTER lens.

In respect to zooming with my feet with an FE 55mm, true, there is a small percentage of occasions (maybe 20%) when it wouldn't be possible to step back to fit a subject in the frame. That's why I have an FE 28mm F2, and a Voigtlander 15mm III. For 80% of the time, my FE 55mm does the job. Saying that though, there are going to be occasions your 24mm is not going to be wide enough either, so what do you do then?

Look, I don't expect people (like yourself) to admit a lens they purchased, is widely reviewed as a poor performing lens. Of course your going to say how good it is. Most reviews however, indicate otherwise. Your arguing against the general consensus of reviews. But as I said earlier, if your happy with your lens, that's all that matters to you.

J

jaybr's gear list:jaybr's gear list
Sony a7R II Sigma 8mm F3.5 EX DG Circular Fisheye Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow