FE 24-70 f/4: Holding me back from going to A7x

Started Aug 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
jalywol
jalywol Veteran Member • Posts: 9,467
Re: Some samples....

jaybr wrote:

Nice photos jalywol,

I wonder how much better they would have looked with a better lens?

Seriously, it's difficult to assess a lens's performance with photos posted online in a forum.

The photos look fine, but I could grab my old 12 megapixel Canon IXUS, and the photos would look fine here as well.

If your happy with your FE 24-70mm, great, good on ya.

I'll stick with my FE 55mm, and zoom with my feet.

J

Sure, and I have some great shots with my smartphone and lots of good ones with my M43.

The point is, the lens is not poor.  You might well have gotten a poor sample, but there are enough users out there that have gotten decent copies of it that have and use the lens frequently that having examples of some average shots from a good copy might be actually useful....You can judge a lot about contrast, color, microcontrast, and what the lens output generally looks like even from a downsized forum image.

Perhaps you could post some of your poor quality results from it for a comparison?  Maybe some full sized ones so we can see what the problems were that you were having with it?  That would be very helpful.

-J

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow