IQ difference between NX500 and NX1

Started Aug 28, 2015 | Questions thread
freeAgent85 Regular Member • Posts: 221
Re: IQ difference between NX500 and NX1

Tugela wrote:

David Wrench wrote:

Any difference in IQ would be due to the processor, and in normal use it is negligible or non-existent. The NX1 has a much larger buffer, allowing longer burst or multiple shooting, a viewfinder, and (I think) weathersealing. Whether the extra size, weight and cost are justified depends on the way you intend to use it.

David

The NX1 has a more favorable thermal envelope due to its size, and that allows more processor intensive functions to be implemented which would overheat the NX500. There are some features present in the NX1 and absent in the NX500 for that very reason.

That's what Samsung claim, but I'm skeptical that it impacts the quality of their photos under normal conditions.  Thermal issues come into play during long exposure, video, and maybe burst.  Single, still shots should not tax the thermal envelope of any camera capable of those other things, and those are not the conditions under which the sensor was tested as far as I know.

freeAgent85's gear list:freeAgent85's gear list
Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Rokinon 85mm F1.4 Samsung 16-50mm F2.0-2.8 Samsung 50-150mm F2.8 S +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow