IQ difference between NX500 and NX1

Started Aug 28, 2015 | Questions thread
racin06 Senior Member • Posts: 1,148
Re: IQ difference between NX500 and NX1

I own both the NX1 and NX500.  To me, the IQ is identical.  I just don't see a difference.  Regarding the price difference, as Technoworld indicated above, the NX1 offers many more features to justify the price difference.  I use the NX1 primarily to shoot stills and video of my son's baseball and football games.  The larger buffer of the NX1 comes in very handy when I'm shooting RAW stills at 15 fps at these games.  Also, I like to shoot FHD video at 120 fps during these games so I have the option of creating excellent slow motion videos.  The weather sealing comes in handy for those football games with inclimate weather.  I use the NX500 to primarily to shoot landscapes, street photography and is a great general carry-around camera due to its small size.  I guess it's all about how you will be using the camera.  One thing that I've discovered is that I don't use the NX1's EVF.  Sure, I've snapped a new photos using the EVF (and it's a very nice EVF!) just for fun, but to be honest, I haven't seen the need to use the EVF, including shooting on sunny days.  The rear display on the NX1 is very detailed and bright and suffices for all my shooting scenarios.  The NX500 shares the very same rear display as the NX1; therefore, the lack of an EVF in the NX500 wasn't a deal killer for me.

racin06's gear list:racin06's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 50-140mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 OIS WR +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow