What is wrong with some people?

Started Aug 22, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Randy Benter
Randy Benter Veteran Member • Posts: 3,197
What is wrong with some people?

If someone says they found a different brand that works better for them or someone links to a review that isn't heaped with glowing praise, then the response is very predictable.

Threads like this always gets to the max posts rather quickly and it's always full of people making ugly comments toward each other. I don't understand why a few people get so angry and defensive just because someone shared their experience/preference/decision to use a different brand of camera. Why is that so upsetting? Why are you offended that someone found something that works better for them and it's not the same as what you use? If part of their decision-making process involved experience with a Fuji camera, then why shouldn't they share that here? ...And is it really an emotional strain for some people to see the other guy got lots of thumbs-up likes?

I notice a similar dynamic when attending NFL games as a visitor. 98% of the people are friendly, even if their team is losing, but there are always a few angry a$$holes who feel they must defend their teams honor from being desecrated by the mere presence of a friendly visitor. How dare someone wear a different color jersey on their turf? Add a little beer to that situation and it's not uncommon for the fists to start flying.

So what is the root of the problem? Are some people just bitter and looking for someone to hate?

My opinion: I personally think most forum members are level-headed and friendly to others. It's unfortunate that a few people here are so intent on marking their turf that they don't care who they pi$$ on. I think in their minds, these Defenders of Stuff think their rudeness is honorable, but I think it adds a very negative dynamic to the forum.

Randy Benter's gear list:Randy Benter's gear list
Apple Aperture Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-Pro2 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow