The Future of Sony A Mount

Started Aug 21, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Endos Senior Member • Posts: 1,381
The Future of Sony A Mount

Interesting writing from Michael Reichmann:

"There are many photographers who are committed to the Sony A mount, the company’s DSLR cameras with Translucent Mirror Technology. There has been a question hanging in the air for a while now – since the launch of the last A camera, the SLT-A77II in May of 2014. Will there be more A-mount camera to come?

I can’t give a definitive answer, but when I met with the senior Sony executives in Portland, and asked this question, I found their responses evasive and vague. In my experience this usually means “No“, but with no one really wanting to actually say so. It may well be that the answer is yes. I just can’t be sure.

More informative was the unsolicited comment from one of the people at the table. The gentleman said…”The A7RMII would make an excellent camera for anyone invested in A mount lenses. Just add one of the inexpensive mount adapters, such as the LA-E3 and all A series lenses will work perfectly”. This adapter sells for about $199. The more expensive LA-E4 isn’t needed because the A7RII has Phase Detection AF built into the sensor itself and doesn’t need the Translucent Mirror Technology of the LA-E4.

Will this satisfy A series camera owners? I’m not so sure. But, while likely not making everyone happy, at least Sony has provided a viable migration path for those with large A-mount lens investments."

I must say that Sony itself don't know that the vast majority of A-mount lenses do not work with the LA-E3 adapter...

-- hide signature --
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Yxa
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow