Backups of Win 10

Started Aug 18, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Meyricke Contributing Member • Posts: 687
Backups of Win 10

I have successfully downloaded Win 10 onto my 2 laptops (1 on 7 and 1 on 8.1) with no major issues. I have still to take the plunge regarding my main machine, a desktop running Win 7.

With both laptops, I just ran the software off the WWW and everything worked with minimal input from me.

I thought it might be sensible to generate a Win 10 disk and convert the desktop from that. This would mean that I had a backup should anything nasty happen - whatever that might be. Is this a more difficult process than updating direct from the WWW?

I have no such backups for either laptop. Is it possible to generate one now that the software has been installed? If not, could I use the copy I have generated for the desktop on the other Win 7 machine? Presumably, I would have to insert the Win 7 code for the version on the laptop. I assume that I would have nothing for the laptop which used to run 8.1.

Many thanks if you can help. Please don'; be too technical as I'm a reasonably skilled user, not a computer or software engineer.

-- hide signature --

Meyricke

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow