FZ1 Flash

Started Jul 18, 2003 | Discussions thread
EJN Veteran Member • Posts: 6,014
Re: FZ1 Flash

bennyso wrote:

Thanks for the help. I will try again. It seems FZ1 is only an
outdoor camera.

I think people tend to expect far too much of onboard flash , even from a MUCH more expensive digi. They are just not made that way and the best of cameras are still only capable of a poor substitution with the onboard. The FZ1 I've found from very few trials seems OK to about 4 feet or so , although no masterpiece from it , but if you DO expect and/or want to do a fair amount of flash then yoi really must think of a decernt gun. The FZ1 cetainly doesn't need any very expensive gun ..but one with variable power settings AND swivel/bounce facility is by far the best buy .. then do as I do..use it with a flash trigger and it's really good. I use a HAMA cube slave..got it in UK at a near give-away price and was surprised that it seems difficult to get elsewhere...but in US, B&H do sell it and it's on their site if you do a search for HAMA flash or similar it will come up. I put the link in another message earlier this week I'm sure it was, but can't put my hands on it now. Search my profile list - it might indicate it

EJN

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
EJN
EJN
EJN
fsw
fsw
EJN
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow