Do people who have upgraded from D7000 to D7200 feel it was worth it?

Started Aug 5, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Doug Greenberg Contributing Member • Posts: 624
Do people who have upgraded from D7000 to D7200 feel it was worth it?

Hello,

My pattern has been to upgrade my DSLR every two model changes. I had (still have) a D300, skipped the D300S, bought a D7000, skipped the D7100. So now here is the D7200, which is reputed to be a noticeable upgrade from the D7100. I am trying to balance the improvements of the D7200 over my D7000 with the $1200 price tag of the new camera.

So I ask: do you forum members who have made this upgrade feel like your money was well spent? Is there any kind of "Wow!" factor? I ask, partly because when people talk about "better" or "worse" cameras or lenses, sometimes the differences are kind of nitpicking. I realize this all is subjective, and my aim is not to judge anyone else's perceptions, just to know what they are.

Is the D7200, released four years or so after the D7000, an upgrade that enhances one's photographic experience enough that it's "money well spent," in people's estimation?

All answers appreciated, really!

Doug Greenberg, Berkeley, California

Doug Greenberg's gear list:Doug Greenberg's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z7 +12 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D300 Nikon D300S Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D7200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow