D750 shutter got stuck with --Err-- error

Started Aug 3, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mohxinn Regular Member • Posts: 112
D750 shutter got stuck with --Err-- error

Hi,

A couple of days ago my shutter got stuck when I was taking a picture with camera in portrait orientation. I tried removing lens/cards/battery but nothing worked. I then changed the shooting mode to mirror lock-up (M-Up) and the shutter started working again. Pressing the shutter release button did not work. The camera has been working find since then. I don't know if it matters I always use Sigma 50 1.4 ART lens. That's the only lens I have.

I was wondering if I should send the camera to Nikon for repair as it is still under warranty?

Also here in Sweden they charge an investigation fee if there is no fault. I am afraid they will charge me the investigation fee as no fault will be detected since camera has been working fine ever since.

Has anyone had a similar problem and did the camera kept on working after that without any issue?

P.S. My D750 is not affected by the shutter issue as some other D750s

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Mohsin

mohxinn's gear list:mohxinn's gear list
Nikon D850 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow