D750 shutter got stuck with --Err-- error

Started Aug 3, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mohxinn Regular Member • Posts: 108
D750 shutter got stuck with --Err-- error

Hi,

A couple of days ago my shutter got stuck when I was taking a picture with camera in portrait orientation. I tried removing lens/cards/battery but nothing worked. I then changed the shooting mode to mirror lock-up (M-Up) and the shutter started working again. Pressing the shutter release button did not work. The camera has been working find since then. I don't know if it matters I always use Sigma 50 1.4 ART lens. That's the only lens I have.

I was wondering if I should send the camera to Nikon for repair as it is still under warranty?

Also here in Sweden they charge an investigation fee if there is no fault. I am afraid they will charge me the investigation fee as no fault will be detected since camera has been working fine ever since.

Has anyone had a similar problem and did the camera kept on working after that without any issue?

P.S. My D750 is not affected by the shutter issue as some other D750s

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Mohsin

mohxinn's gear list:mohxinn's gear list
Nikon D750 Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD
Nikon D750
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow