Mirrorless camera (A5100) - how do you carry?

Started Aug 2, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mikan
mikan Contributing Member • Posts: 838
Mirrorless camera (A5100) - how do you carry?

This question is probably more for female owners of mirrorless cameras.

I used to have a DSLR (Olympus E500) and a P&S (Canon S90). I carried my DSLR in a dedicated camera case and my P&S in my purse pocket. I recently got A5100 because of its DSL-like IQ and its small size. It's so small, I thought it would fix in my purse! The thing is, it DOES fit, but not in an inner pocket because of the protrusion; it just does not lie flat against the purse wall inside a interior pocket like Canon S90 did, if that makes sense. So I'd need to keep my A5100 lying flat, with the lens facing up, at the bottom of my purse. But that' won't give a lot of protection, when I place down my purse. I'm pretty gentle with my purse, but still, I worry about damaging the lens/body. So I was wondering how other famale owners of small mirrorless cameras, like A5100, carry them. Do you carry it in your purse because it's small enough to fit? Or do you still carry a dedicated camera bag? A5100 is so small I'd love to just "toss" it in my purse, like I did with my Canon S90, but I'm just afraid that might not be a good idea...

TIA!

mikan's gear list:mikan's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony a6000 Sony a6300 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +4 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon PowerShot S90 Pentax Optio E50 Sony a5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow