X30 (or X20) vs. iPhone and others

Started Jul 22, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Elyharbour
Elyharbour Senior Member • Posts: 2,703
X30 (or X20) vs. iPhone and others

Having read through all the X30 reviews yesterday (will probably upgrade my X20 as I think Fuji have made some major improvements in the shooting experience), I was struck by the number of comments from readers that rejected the X30 out of hand because of its small sensor. But, most of the world now seems to use mobile phones to shoot photos (inc. some Pros) and have even won competitions with them. Surely even the aging and lowly 2/3 X-Trans sensor does a better job...or does it? What is the gap now (if any)? I hate taking photos on phones so have not followed their progress at all. Can anyone critically review state-of-the-art mobile phone performance vs. our poor unloved Fujifilm compact cameras, which if they don't have at least 1" sensors, now belong to the age of dinosaurs it seems? Just out of interest...

Elyharbour's gear list:Elyharbour's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +7 more
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm X30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Labe
MOD kwa_photo
MOD kwa_photo
MOD Labe
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow