X3F Tools and Kalpanika - release 0.53!

Started Jul 18, 2015 | Discussions thread
xpatUSA
xpatUSA Forum Pro • Posts: 17,664
Re: X3F Tools and Kalpanika - release 0.53!

JasonS70 wrote:

Hello,

Sorry for my ignorance here but could someone explain how to use this please. I have some computer knowledge and know what a command prompt is but am unsure how to make this work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Oh, I am running a windows 7 x64 laptop

I am on 7 premium X64

I unzipped the download and put the three files in my user folder because that's the directory I'm in when I type 'cmd' into the 'run' dialog.

In the cmd window I type x3f_extract (sic, without the .exe) and it lists the available options. I have already copied or moved the X3F file into the same directory which avoids having to type long path-names in command-mode. Command-mode sucks

Then I go: x3f_extract -tiff -color ProPhotRGB -denoise myfilename.X3F

You can type sRGB instead of ProPhotoRGB

The output file is saved to the same directory as myfilename.X3F.tif

If you use -v (verbose) you get lots of text scrolling up as to what it used what it loaded, etc, etc.

Haven't used the -wb option yet, don't know what the allowed values are for <WB>.

-- hide signature --

Pedantry is not a felony.
Ted

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Sigma SD15 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS +11 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
mmr
mmr
mmr
mmr
mmr
mmr
IVN
mmr
(unknown member)
mmr
IVN
jbr
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow