Tamron 150-600 AF stops working

Started Jul 11, 2015 | Discussions thread
Flat view
fly1 Contributing Member • Posts: 575
Tamron 150-600 AF stops working

Hi Guys

As much as I like the IQ of the Tamron, on the odd occasion, the AF has not been working, as always, happens at wrong time

The AF stops completely, tried switching the camera off and on and nothing happens, this has been with 2 bodies, the D700 and Now, the D4s

Discovered that I can get it to work if I switch the camera off, remove the battery, re-insert the battery, switch the camera back on and the AF works again, works perfectly?

As would have it, our Tamron service centre is about 1700 miles from my place, and our postage cost in our country is the most expensive on the planet but I guess, while the lens is under warranty, I guess I'll just have to "bite the bullet"

There is a firmware update for some serial numbers, mine is one of them, the firmware update relates to the image stabilisation, (VC on the Tamron), there was a problem with VC when panning, apparently. I wasn't going to bother as I usually have VC off, shooting at approx. 1/2000sec in any case

Im guessing this would have nothing to do with problem I'm having with the lens?

fly1's gear list:fly1's gear list
Nikon D4S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +1 more
Nikon D4S Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow