3D Lens attachment (w Mirrors)

Started Jun 29, 2015 | Discussions thread
Cullings Regular Member • Posts: 200
Re: 3D Lens attachment (w Mirrors)

Oleg L K wrote:

. . . .But I need to stress the importance of not exceeding the 6.5cm interocular distance. Otherwise you are drawn into hyper-stereo land. It may look like impressive 3d effect while you evaluate the instrument, but then your real-world pictures become toy-like - unrealistic. . . .

Sometime you want to increase the interocular distance. Look at the stereo base extenders at www.cyclopital3d.com. Here's what they say about their Fuji-W3 extender:

"The Cyclopital3D Stereo Base Extender uses perfectly aligned, high quality front surface mirrors to effectively increase the stereo base of your Fuji W3 to 225mm. This lengthening of the stereo base allows you to get 3X further away from your subject while still maintaining an acceptable level of parallax....The Stereo Base Extender is perfect for wildlife subjects, weddings, sporting events, distant portraits and band performances."     (see sample photos)

It really works to improve the stereo effect in more distant subjects.  They have base-extenders for JVC, Panasonic, and Sony cameras/camcorders too.  I have the JVC extender.  it works great, but is large and somewhat fragile. No "lens cover" is supplied. I made two lens covers for mine. Price is about $500.

Cyclopital3d stereo base extender for Fuji-W3

-John S.

Cullings's gear list:Cullings's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M Sony a7 Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow