3D Lens attachment (w Mirrors)

Started Jun 29, 2015 | Discussions thread
Sailor Blue
Sailor Blue Forum Pro • Posts: 15,527
Re: 3D Lens attachment (w Mirrors)

Barretlight wrote:

There have been a few lens for SLR cameras like Loreo 3D Lens or Holga 3d lens.
Lately a few lens attachments also appeared (like poppy 3d only for iphones and Kula deeper).
Is any of those actually worth it in quality? I know that they cut the resolution in half to produce an SBS image.
Also are there any designs for a small dIY beamsplitter for a phone or compact camera.
I will attempt to make one my self but its not easy to cut mirrors, even plastic mirrors.

I tried a couple of mirror attachments, including the Pentax Stereo Adapter, on a Konica Minolta A200 camera and the results were unsatisfactory.  I then tried using a slider with my Canon 7D and got excellent 3D images of still subjects, but just doing the cha cha worked almost as well and was a lot easier.  The slider just didn't work for any subject that could move - it took too long between exposures.

Finally I bought a Fuji Real 3D W3 and forgot about all the kludge ways to take 3D photos except for the times when I am doing landscape or architecture photography.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Pattaya, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix Real 3D W3 Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5DS R Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow