Canon 24-105 f/4 not sharp enough ?

Started Jun 23, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kuuchekii23 Forum Member • Posts: 58
Canon 24-105 f/4 not sharp enough ?

Hi all,

Hope that all is well. Just ended up purchasing the Canon 6D + 24-105 combo. While I really like the 6D especially upgrading from 60D, I am not sure if I can say that I am very impressed with the 24-105's sharpness. the lens produces nice colors, has a great reach, pretty fast focusing, but the sharpness is not what I expected. I have tried different apertures and find f8 to be the sharpest for me. I also did the live view DSLR lens check with the focus diagram and all, which produced the same sharpness with live view as well as the view finder.

I have attached some photos that I took on the go. None are PP'd or altered, all are straight from the camera. I did not set any extra sharpness while taking these in the settings. All are hand held + IS in AV mode. At this point I like to know if this is all that the lens can do or ot might be a bad copy? In which case I will consider returning the whole thing. I welcome your input and opinion. Thank you.

Best,

Art

Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow