HD-DA21 f3.2 ltd on K30: exif data incomplete? Help needed.

Started Jun 14, 2015 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tatouzou
Tatouzou Senior Member • Posts: 2,071
HD-DA21 f3.2 ltd on K30: exif data incomplete? Help needed.

I just bought a brand new HD DA21 f3.2 limited to use on my K30with firmware 1.05 (=latest version, which is announced by Pentax-Ricoh for better AF with HD limited lenses).

I usually shoot JPEG or RAW+JPEG, and I use LR5 for PP.

The lens works fine and I think I will like it, but, wether in LR5 or in Silkypix developer studio (the latest version of Ricoh-Pentax bundled software), the exif data of pictures show exif version (0230), firmware version, focal length and aperture and other exif info, but dont show the lens name.

I have 8 other Pentax FA or DA lenses, and Exif data always show the name of the lens, even when shot with a recent lens on my old Ist-DS, whether in Silkypix or in LR5.

I borrowed my son's SMC DA 21 ltd last year, and I checked that its name was shown in the exif of the pictures I shot with it.

Is the issue with my HD DA 21 a software problem that I can fix, or a software update issue, or a hardware in-lens problem, and shall I send back the lens for servicing?

When LR recognizes lens name, it automatically loads the right lens correction file for RAW PP. When it doesnt, and I try to tell LR5 the lens model, ther is a windows that ask for the lens brand and type, but it doesnt show Pentax lenses.

When I shoot JPEG, I use the auto in-camera lens correction. Does it use a custom file for each lens, or only a generic focal length setting?

-- hide signature --
 Tatouzou's gear list:Tatouzou's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Pentax K-3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Pentax smc DA 17-70mm F4.0 AL (IF) SDM +24 more
ANSWER:
HD Pentax DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax K-30
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow