Photoshop vs Perfect Photo Suite for basics with Lightroom

Started Jun 11, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
trax87 Contributing Member • Posts: 732
Photoshop vs Perfect Photo Suite for basics with Lightroom

I have been using Lightroom 5 for maybe about a year and recently upgraded to the CC photographer plan.   I also own the NIK suite (which I acquired for free as part of a promotion) and Perfect Effects (which I also acquired for free through an On1 promotion).

So far I haven't focused on anything but Lightroom, but I would like to add/learn a program that does layers and better cloning, etc. than LR does for those situations when I need it.

I can get the Perfect Photo Suite for an excellent price at the moment and was considering it, but was wondering whether it would have any value given that I now have access to Photoshop for layering/masking (once I learn how to use it) and I already own Perfect Effects (which seems to be the "jewel" in the suite anyway).

Is there any benefit to buying PPS, even though it is pretty inexpensive?  Would it be much easier to use than Photoshop?    The one benefit I can see is that I can own the product and, in the event I decide not to continue with CC and to instead buy a standalone version of LR 6 (or 7 -- assuming that is an option by that time), I would already be familiar with it.

Thoughts, especially from those with experience or knowledge of both products is greatly appreciated.

trax87's gear list:trax87's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +2 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow