As a MILC shooter and devotee I want to apologize to DSLR shooters/devotees.

Started Jun 11, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sportyaccordy Forum Pro • Posts: 12,344
As a MILC shooter and devotee I want to apologize to DSLR shooters/devotees.

MILC zealotry is reaching a fever pitch with the release of the A7RII. I must admit, its specs are mouthwatering, and have me reassessing my strategy for moving into the FE fold (prob gonna do a used A7I instead of an A7RI and save my pennies for this used in a few years). So it looks good.

BUT, I TOTALLY get why one would want a DSLR over MILC, and I think there are a lot of legitimate reasons to do so.

- you prefer an OVF- EVFs have their benefits but ultimately they will never match an OVF's IQ.

- you need high performance AF- MILCs haven't caught up here, period, and I don't think the A7RII will change this

- you have a library of modern lenses that don't MF well or have good manual control

Or the most important reason...

YOU JUST PREFER DSLRS.

A lot of MILC idiots have been chicken littling the death of the DSLR ever since the NEX-3/5 came out, and lo and behold they are still here, still getting new releases, still selling to some degree. It's just not going to happen. I just wanted to extend an olive branch to the folks dedicated to their DSLRs. The are folks on the other side of the fence suffering with you.

sportyaccordy's gear list:sportyaccordy's gear list
NEX-5T Sony a7R II Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM II +6 more
Sony a7R Sony Alpha NEX-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
T3
T3
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow