Any more S1 lovers out there?

Started Jun 5, 2015 | Discussions thread
Tim Murphy
Tim Murphy Regular Member • Posts: 348
Re: Any more S1 lovers out there?

Dear missedshot,

Back in the Fall of 2014 I was strongly considering the Finepix S1.  It's main competition at the time was the Panasonic FZ200.  When that went on sale on Black Friday 2014 for less than $ 300.00 I bought it.

I like the FZ200 a lot, but I am still considering a Finepix S1 as a replacement for a Canon APS-C sensor DSLR and several large zoom lenses.  I do not print large pictures and I harbor no illusions of ever being considered a great photographer.  I just want something lighter that can grab the walk around stuff I see when I am out fishing or walking through the woods.  I think that the Finepix S1 will be a more reliable option for me because of the weather-sealing.

I suspect that sooner rather than later I will buy a Finepix S1 and sell off much of my Canon gear.  I will keep my 1DMK2 for the time being and I will replace it with a 1DMK3, for though the 1DMK2 is old, it is a far better camera than any of the APS-C bodies I have.

In the mean time I appreciate posts like this one and I hope to see more examples of photos taken with the S1.  The more I see like yours the more easily I will be convinced to make the change.

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Tim Murphy's gear list:Tim Murphy's gear list
FinePix S1 Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Olympus SP-350 Olympus C-2040 Zoom Olympus C-5050 Zoom +22 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow