XE2 or XT10 for low-light?

Started Jun 5, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
caitirilt Forum Member • Posts: 51
XE2 or XT10 for low-light?

Hi all, a new user here. I'm a graduate student in art history, on the hunt for a camera to photograph objects in museums and historic houses. Unfortunately this means (generally) low-lighting and no tripods, but on the plus side the objects are always still. Ideally I'd like to be able to publish some of these images, but in scholarly journals, so relatively small (5x8" or even smaller).

Originally I had been thinking about the X-T10, but I'm not a huge fan of the squarer proportions - to be honest, I held an X-T1 at the store yesterday and fell in love with the feel of it, but it's out of my price range right now. So I'm thinking about an X-E2 as something I could use for a few years until I have enough experience and funds to justify an upgrade. Does this seem reasonable, if I supplement the kit lens with the 35mm f/1.4 prime? I've heard that the X-E2 doesn't work as well in low-light, but I is that because people are trying to fix on moving targets? Alternatively, I suppose, I might be able to spring for the X-T1 if I gave up the idea of buying a fast prime.

At any rate, any advice would be much appreciated! I'd like to buy into the Fuji system, if I can find a solution that makes sense for what I'm trying to do.

Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow