If you own Nikon lenses, the D750 does amazing video.

Started May 30, 2015 | Discussions thread
virtualkyr
OP virtualkyr Contributing Member • Posts: 862
Re: If you own Nikon lenses, the D750 does amazing video.

Rahul Ranadive wrote:

1. I personally preferred the WB on the studio floor shots which seemed to be lit with a LED Panel? The ones with ambient light were a little cold.

She was using a single big LED to help with pupil constriction. It wasn't for lighting the video.

2. I am looking to buy the D750 with the kit 24-120 and it made me feel good re the video quality from it. Given the FF sensor the shallow depth of field is both scary and beautiful. I have a few old AIs primes; and they are one of the main reasons to consider the D750 for stills.

Indeed the SDOF is very challenging to work with. In retrospect, I wish I had shot at higher than F4.

3. Wherever you hit the focus right, the image looked remarkably sharp. How good is the focus tracking on video? My practice on smaller sensor camcorders, is to focus manually for critical focus and then switch on to Auto focus. It work in most situations. The Canon 70D was the first DSLR that managed it well.

Focus tracking is not usable for video if subject is moving. Too much focus hunting. I wish there was a way for Nikon to implement something like the Canon DPAF system.

4. Did the stills come from the photographer? OR did you grab them on the D750.

Those were from her. Not me.

-- hide signature --

Just a guy with a camera, learning as I go.
DSLR: Nikon D750, D90
Lenses: Tokina 11-16 F2.8, Nikon 17-55 F2.8, Nikon 24-120 F4, Nikon 70-200 F2.8 VR2, and 35mm F1.8
Compact: Nikon 1 V1 with 10-30 and 30-110
Video: Sony NX5U, Canon XA20, Canon HV40, Canon Vixia Mini, GoPro Hero2, Adobe CC

virtualkyr's gear list:virtualkyr's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D750 Nikon D7200 Nikon 1 J5 +22 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow