Pentax Weather Sealing Questions

Started May 30, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dan Hudson
Dan Hudson Contributing Member • Posts: 744
Pentax Weather Sealing Questions

1. I am considering a Pentax K5 or newer. Some of these cameras have sensors that are claimed to be closely related to those manufactured by Sony. Does this mean Sony makes them or are they produced by a 3rd party. Also, in any regard, does Pentax purchase these from Sony for their cameras or from the same manufacturer Sony does? Could anyone clear this up?

2. Curious about the weather sealing since this is the real issue I am leaning toward in purchasing a Pentax. Since the extending and contracting of the lens would present a bellows type exchange of air, where does the sealed lens get it's air, from a filtered opening or not? In case it is not filtered, how effective is this sealing? I am interested in keeping smoke and vinyl fumes that coat the inside of my car windshield out of the interior of the lens and camera. If this sealing will not work for this, there is little reason to move from my Canon G1X as it delivers sharp and great color. I would like opinions from you owners of Pentax weather sealed cameras and others as well. Thanks in advance for all help on this matter....Dan

-- hide signature --

Christian Amateur Photographer - skilled hobbyist enthusiast 
Choose life's involvements carefully with an eye toward eternity.

Dan Hudson's gear list:Dan Hudson's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Canon PowerShot SX120 IS
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow