Windows 10 dual boot

Started May 9, 2015 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Bouldergramp
Bouldergramp OP Regular Member • Posts: 364
Re: Windows 10 dual boot...Win 10 clone fails to boot

Austinian wrote:

I understand; dealing with PC problems can be tiring and frustrating. Best of luck when you try again sometime.

Well, this has never happened before! I decided to look at EasyBCD, which I seem remember trying once and found confusing, and ended up on NeoSmart Technologies page:

https://neosmart.net/EasyRE/

and found this:

Easy Recovery Essentials for Windows

so I downloaded the Professional Windows 10 for free. After using FreeISOBurner to make a bootable disk I put my SSD with Windows 10 back in the computer and of course it wouldn't boot. Then I rebooted to the Easy Recovery Essentials disk and that was a long strange sequence of screens. Finally I got to the final screen and chose to repair Windows 10. It finally said it was fixed and to eject the disk and restart the computer. Neither disk eject nor restart worked so I ejected the disk with a paper clip and turned the computer off. On restart the Windows 10 cloned disk ran perfectly. I am not sure if I still have a dual boot with Windows 7 but I probably do.  This type of fix rarely happens.

-- hide signature --

Bouldergramp, USA

Bouldergramp's gear list:Bouldergramp's gear list
Samsung EX2F +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow