Initial Reaction

Started May 15, 2015 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Conquest New Member • Posts: 3
Initial Reaction

I have just purchased this camera as a beginner photographer and my initial reaction to this product is very much positive.

I did some research before purchasing this camera and came to the conclusion that it was a tough competitor when it came to price and features. I must say that one of my worried before purchasing this camera was that there was no glass viewfinder and instead only a viewfinder from the screen. I originally thought that would have posed a problem in direct sun but after testing it out, I was still able to see the screen fine at noon with the sun directly over me.

The zooming capabilities I found with this camera were excellent, prior to purchasing this (my first DSLR like bridge camera) I didn't to need the zoom too much so I didn't go with a more recent model of this camera the SX530 which has a little better zoom and a few additional features like WIFI and slightly improved video capabilities.

I'll return with a full review after I test it out furthermore.

(Below are samples from my first trial, it would be nice to have these added to the sample tab for the camera.)

Conquest's gear list:Conquest's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX520 Canon EOS Rebel T6i
Canon PowerShot SX520 HS
16 megapixels • 3 screen • 24 – 1008 mm (42×)
Announced: Jul 29, 2014
Conquest's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
unrated
Low light (without flash)
unrated
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Canon PowerShot SX520 Canon PowerShot SX530
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow