Problem with 77II writing to memory card

Started May 10, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jcwhis New Member • Posts: 13
Problem with 77II writing to memory card

I have a A 77ii that recently began giving me a notice that the information was not completely written to the memory card after taking shots. Thought it was indicating that I was depressing the shutter after shooting a burst but it has happened after single shots also. Sometimes the information (photos/photo) can be recovered but more often it is not. After taking the battery out and replacing it and then removing the memory card and returning it I am usually able to begin shooting again.

Have not noticed any problems when downloading from the cards. I think it has occurred with several cards that I always reformat after downloading the files. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience. I have had the camera more than 6 months and it just began 2 weeks ago.

Any suggestions are welcomed. I can begin using my a 77 again if I need to send the new one to the shop but from reading here on the forum the repair aspect is not stellar.

Thank you,

John

jcwhis's gear list:jcwhis's gear list
Sony SLT-A77
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow