Bowens-mount alternatives to PCB 30"x60" giant softbox?
Rad Encarnacion wrote:
Some updates on my current search:
However, the Studio of Photographic Arts (SOPHA) is reporting that PCB is increasing repair prices and ending warranties after a repair and repeats this point in a subsequent post regarding an Einstein recently sent back for repair (see the blurb at the end of this post).u
That would be very bad news if true... But it's not.
I called led the company for clarifications do spoke to the head of the service department . The only thing that has changed is for repairs not covered by warranty , they are asking for a cc number at the time you send your units in for non-warranty covered work. The minimum service charge remains $40.00 and they will contact you for authorization if the estimate for the repair exceeds $ 85.00 (USD) the reason for the change is that a lot of people who were sending their units in for repair and then refusing to pay for the service.
Here are the current warranty terms:
- If your equipment is still under warranty (and you are in the U.S.), the service and repair is on us. We’ll repair your product that has become defective under normal use at no charge to you and we’ll pay for UPS Ground Standard Shipping (U.S. only) to return it. Call us if you’d like to pay for a more expedited method. Click here to read the full terms and details of our product warranty.
Full details of Paul C. Buff warranty are at http://paulcbuff.com/warranty.php but here are the terms and conditions:
Terms and Conditions of Warranty:
- This warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of a product or component that should become defective under normal use, as outlined in the product description and product manual.
- If, during the applicable warranty period, the product is found to be defective by Paul C. Buff, Inc., we will repair or replace the defective product with an equivalent model without charge for labor or parts.
- This warranty will not cover deterioration or malfunction resulting from accident, act of nature, abuse, misuse, neglect, unauthorized product repair, shipping of the product, opening of or modification or failure to follow instructions supplied with product.
- This warranty does not apply to any flashtubes, modeling lamps, batteries (except the VMB8.8A internal Vagabond Mini™ Lithium battery), or memory cards that may arrive with a product as these become exhausted based on normal use. Specifically with the Vagabond Mini™ Lithium system, as battery capacity is a function of the number of charge / discharge cycles and other factors, batteries are considered exhaustible and no warranty can be offered for batteries that have been depleted from heavy and frequent use or misuse.
- The product must be returned to Paul C. Buff, Inc.™ for warranty service. For customers in the United States, warranty service includes return shipment via UPS ground to the original destination (where the equipment was sent to the original purchaser). Customers outside of the United States will be responsible for all shipping fees, duties, taxes and brokerage fees to ship the product to and from our offices.
- Paul C. Buff, Inc.™ IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR PRODUCTS LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED DURING SHIPPING, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE. ALL LIABILITY OF Paul C. Buff, Inc. SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AT OUR OPTION, OF ANY DEFECTIVE PRODUCT.
- THIS WARRANTY IS EXPRESSLY MADE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Moral of the story? Don't believe everything you read on some blog.
|Post (hide subjects)||Posted by||When|
|May 10, 2014|
|May 11, 2014|
|May 12, 2014|
|May 16, 2014|
|May 17, 2014|
|May 27, 2014|
|May 7, 2015|
|May 7, 2015|
|May 12, 2014|
|May 13, 2014|
|May 7, 2015|
|Fangorn Forest by cand1d|
|Yosemite Falls with Moonbow by Jonathan Shapiro|
from Best Landscape of the Week 4