Fujinon 18-135/3.5-5.6 looks disappointing

Started Jul 11, 2014 | Discussions thread
ThanksForMemories
ThanksForMemories Regular Member • Posts: 138
Re: Fujinon 18-135/3.5-5.6 looks disappointing

britcam wrote:

ThanksForMemories wrote:

socrats wrote:

I just picked one up on my trip to Japan recently.

2nd day with it and I used it in typhoon like rain. It performed like a champ in the rain.

So no issues with the weather sealing. The T1 did great in the rain too.

The autofocus is very fast. It "feels" faster with less internal movement than my 56mm.

The convenience is awesome too.

The best part about it though is the stabilization. I got some amazing slow shutter speed shots that I thought would be impossible hand held. Will try to retrieve some of the data later.

So I highly recommend it.

Cheers.

Thank you for your comment, it's helping me decide to buy.
Although waiting for a sale, I want to use it with my x-e2 for travel. I read I should get the hand grip ($120cad!) to help with the weight, although I don't have a real problem with the 55-200mm, maybe I just got use to it.

Thank you,
Mireille

I have a bad habit of dangling cameras by my fingertips .... the grip on the X-E2 makes that very simple. Highly recommended and it gives the camera that extra bulk. I have the later Fuji model with the opening to remove the battery & card - now I rarely remove the grip.

-- hide signature --

Regards
Rich S in Brittany (britcam)

That is great to know, I did wonder about the batt trap door

Thanks for your advice!
Mireille

ThanksForMemories's gear list:ThanksForMemories's gear list
Fujifilm X30 Sony RX100 IV Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow