Nikon 85mm 1.4D vs 1.4G

Started Mar 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
newfounder Contributing Member • Posts: 571
Re: Nikon 85mm 1.4D vs 1.4G

I got one 1.4D version from eBay at $686 without hood. The seller said he never used it because this is his backup one and sat in case all the time. Not sure how accurate that was. From the outside I really can't find any sign of use or bump or scratch. Glass is clean and clear. When I open the aperture I can't see any dust from front and may see some really tiny dust particles if I look from the mount side because of the magnifying power of the glass. I am satisfied with it. My bid was 0.02 second before it ended and was only a second after the 2nd high bidder. This lens fill the gap between my 50mm 1.4G and 135mm DC. I am little surprised that this lens is much lighter than I thought. When I held the shipping box I though is it really inside? I thought it would be heavy if not as heavy as the 135mm DC. I will see how it perform on portrait. My 135mm DC had set the bar high.

newfounder's gear list:newfounder's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 200mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow