Picked up a Sony SAL18135 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6... wondering if it's okay due to low price.

Started Apr 29, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JajoB New Member • Posts: 6
Picked up a Sony SAL18135 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6... wondering if it's okay due to low price.

I walked into Best Buy today hoping I could pick up something with zoom. I have been using a fixed lens Minolta 50mm for a while (my kit lens bit the dust after my son spilled milk on it), and wanted something different.

I ended up getting a Sony SAL18135 for $180 (The other lens that was in stock was a 300mm for $300).  When I went home, I saw that Amazon and other places were selling the 18-135 for $500.  Yikes, I thought I just robbed Best Buy, but soon discovered that my receipt said "Clearance."

My nature is to think that clearance = messed up.  Is there anything I should look for to indicate a defective or abused lens?  It looks great, and there are no scratches on the body or lens.  Pictures seem good, but they have all been at night.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow