Firmware 1.21 A7/7R/7S A6000

Started Apr 8, 2015 | Discussions thread
Foxbat121 Senior Member • Posts: 1,599
Re: Firmware 1.21 A7/7R/7S A6000

Tigerman82 wrote:

I've held off doing the 1.21 update for my A6000 even though I do have the 1.20 firmware inside. I know many of you (if not all) have had success doing the firmware upgrade from the japanese link but I guess I want to play it safe and use firmware downloaded from my native/european support site. Why isn't Sony releasing this firmware to other support sites as well? I mean if this firmware fixes bugs from the 1.20 firmware, why does it only appear in the japanese support site? If the firmware is indeed legit and universal, wouldn't it take only one minute for the Sony tech guys to post the firmware to all Sony support sites?

I guess this is why I'm going to wait because something just doesn't add up.

Because Sony JP is not responsible for Sony EU or US or anywhere else. Each region must go through their own internal testing and qualification before they can put on the web site. Since the fixes in 1.21 is not a critical issue, it is not their top priority to do so ASAP.

Foxbat121's gear list:Foxbat121's gear list
Sony a6000 Nikon 1 J4 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow