4 things to be improved on the EOS-M3

Started Apr 24, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
laueddy Contributing Member • Posts: 823
4 things to be improved on the EOS-M3

My EOS M3 just came in from JP.  Purchased through Ebay.  for $6xx with EVF.

At this point, I only spent about an hour trying going through the configuration and try out a few test shots.

The few things which I think need to be improved are:

1> Minimal shutter speed when using AUTO ISO, a feature which I think was left out purposely.

2> AF Size adjustment, I can do that on previously owned OM-D EM-5, and I can do that on my Fuji X series, but I don't seem know how to do that on the M3 if it is possible.

3> I would be nice if 1 AF Point can go together with Face-detection as well.

4> It would be nice if the touch screen can be used to move the focus point while using the EVF for viewing.

Compares to the EOS-M1 AF seems to be a lot faster, and low contrast area which the M1 unable to focus is now focusing ok with the M3.  No problem driving focus on my 50 1.2 and 11-24 f/4

The mainly use my EOS-M for recording video, as I have very little desire to use it over my DSLR or other mirrorless. However, the EOS-M3 w/ EVF, and feel like I want to go out a take more pictures right away.

I think this is a very good deal my Canon, if you can spend about $800-900 on EOS-M3 + EF Adapter + EVF to use with your existing EF or EF-S lenses.

Not so much, if I don't already own any EF or EF-S glass.

laueddy's gear list:laueddy's gear list
Sony RX10 III Canon EOS M Pentax 645Z Canon EOS 5DS R Canon EOS M3 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow