X100T "FOCUS ERROR" report

Started Apr 13, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
John.Laninga
John.Laninga Senior Member • Posts: 2,389
X100T "FOCUS ERROR" report

My X100T works perfectly, but I just noticed something new.   Normally, I use the JJC hood (Version 2) and no filter.  I went out to shoot some bluebonnet pictures and removed the hood and mounted a very good B&W F-Pro UV filter to protect the lens.

Now, when I went into Macro mode, I would get a "FOCUS ERROR" which can only be reset by turning power off and on.  Happened several times.  I removed the UV filter, no such problem.  I put the filter back on, FOCUS ERROR.

The next day I went out again and repeated the "test", and had identical results.  Shooting non-macro mode had no such problem, work with or without the UV filter.  Only occurs when shooting with the UV filter in macro mode on close up subjects.

Guess I really don't care, but this is a strange behavior so I though to report it here.  And yes, the UV filter is clean...

John.Laninga's gear list:John.Laninga's gear list
Fujifilm X-S1 Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X30 Pentax K-3 II Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +3 more
Fujifilm X100T
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow