Will the Nikon D5 be a mirrorless full-frame camera?

Started Mar 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
brownie314
brownie314 Senior Member • Posts: 1,918
Re: Will the Nikon D5 be a mirrorless full-frame camera?

ThatCamFan wrote:

brownie314 wrote:

ThatCamFan wrote:

So do you think Bugatti Veyron suddenly being made as a smaller body & looking more like a VW golf make sense? Because that is basicly what your saying about a D5.

You have to understand there is a REASON there are Trucks, Pickups, city cars & regular sized cars. Each one is for certain crowds & Ford would not suddenly name its truck Ford F500 & make it a low rider truck the size of a Honda CRV

I think you are confusing mirrorless with compactness. The D4s could be mirrorless and look almost exactly the same on the outside. No change - at all. Remove the OVF and put in an EVF - that is all. If the D5 were mirrorless (which it won't be) it could have exactly the same body as the D4s (in size and shape).

It could but that would alienate everyone who is buying the D line. Which is not a good business strategy, besides do you really need more then 12fps? Spray and pray does not make a good photographer.

Well those are all valid points - in a different argument. You said "So do you think Bugatti Veyron suddenly being made as a smaller body & looking more like a VW golf make sense?" I replied and said it could look and feel the same externally. And?

Then to that replied: "It could but that would alienate everyone who is buying the D line.".  Are you sure about that?  I am not sure it would alienate EVERYONE.  I never said I needed more than 12fps.  Not sure where that came from.

brownie314's gear list:brownie314's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MXC
BJL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow