Distortion compensation in A7 series (changed after FW1.2?)

Started Mar 28, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dbm305 Senior Member • Posts: 1,745
Distortion compensation in A7 series (changed after FW1.2?)

After thinking about another post I was looking at the lens compensation settings on the A7r with the 28/F2; I saw that distortion compensation is set to auto and if try to change it you get an alert "this function is currently disabled"

OK, I thought, I guess this lens must a level of distortion they don't want you to see before taming it a bit.

Then I had a look at the 551.8; now I  think I can recall turning distortion comp off with this lens: but it too says "this function currently disabled". I tried the 35 2.8; and that did allow you to turn it off.

Does anyone have the 55 on an A7 series body with the old firmware? Can you in fact turn off distortion compensation?

I really wish they would allow that. I'd much rather all the distortion comp, and its degree, was under my control.

dbm305's gear list:dbm305's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha a7R II Canon EF 135mm F2L USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L Canon MP-E 65mm f/2.5 1-5x Macro +17 more
Sony Alpha a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow