X-E2 Backpack for hiking

Started Mar 25, 2015 | Discussions thread
J Frank Parnell Regular Member • Posts: 276
Re: Lowpro Flipside Sport 20L

DVT80111 wrote:

It should be big enough to carry all your gears with room to spare for clothes and water hydration. The backpack has a lot of padding and built for hiker.

As an avid hiker myself, i would rather carry my Sony RX100. I took the XE1+kit zoom with me once to the bottom of Grand Canyon, but the result was not much better than RX100. In good light, the RX100 will do just fine.

Even I had the X-E1 trapped to my chest using a quick release, it was still a pain. I could see sight of wear and tear on the camera. If you put the camera in your back pack, it will be a royal pain to take it in and out. Place like GC, anyone could stop for picture every 15 minutes.

I've found the same issue. If I use the hip strap on the my Lowepro Fastpack 250 it is much more comfortable to carry. But forget about getting to the camera quickly if you want a shot while hiking. If I carry it just over one shoulder, the side entry makes it easy to get the camera. But it's a pain (literally) to carry the load like that for long.

It is rare that I would hike somewhere without wanting to take photos along the way. But I have yet to figure out a way that combines quick access with ease of carrying.

J Frank Parnell's gear list:J Frank Parnell's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
rfg
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow