Nikon P900 vs Canon SX50HS vs Sony HX400V

Started Mar 26, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Stephen Ingraham Senior Member • Posts: 1,947
Nikon P900 vs Canon SX50HS vs Sony HX400V

The sun came out!!

I have created a album of comparison images: P900 vs SX50HS vs HX400V.

I compared them at 1200mm...or as close as I could come. The scale of the P900 images when set to 1200 equivalent (using Zoom Memory) was consistently larger than the other two.

I used my standard settings on the SX50HS and Sony HX400V. On the HX400V this includes turning down in-camera sharpening. I set the P900 for Low NR, and -1 on in-camera sharpening. All shots are handheld. Program mode.

I presented here the sooc versions of the three feather birds on the branch. Processed versions, using my best Lightroom settings, are in my album as well.

I found a cooperative Gull at the beach so here are three sooc live bird shots at 1200mm. If detail smearing is going to show...it will certainly show on a gull!

Finally here is the same bird with the P900 at 2000mm equivalent, processed in Lightroom.

I will let others take a crack at this...and then later on I will give you my own conclusions based on this test and others I did today.

Stephen Ingraham's gear list:Stephen Ingraham's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P900 Sony RX10 III Sony RX10 IV Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Sony Alpha NEX-3N +4 more
Nikon Coolpix P900
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jfk
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow