X-E2 Backpack for hiking

Started Mar 25, 2015 | Discussions thread
57even Forum Pro • Posts: 14,982
Buy a regular hiking backpack and a bananabowl insert.

Yyahalla wrote:

Hey there,

for my next vaction I'm gonna travel to the scottish Highlands. Naturally a lot of hiking will be done.

Now I am looking for a nice little backpack that holds my X-E2 with the 10-24mm mounted and maybe 1 more lens. Furthermore it should carry stuff we need for our hikes (water, some food, dry cloth, maps etc.).

The Camera should be well protected (bumps and water (weather in scottland can be a b****)) and easy to reach.

My problem with the few backpacks I have found have hughe camera sections where my little X-E2 would just bounce around constantly.

I would be really thankful for any tips/BP recommendations! How do you guys store your X-gear while hiking?

Cheers!

I put one of these in the top of my (waterproof) hiking pack. Much more comfortable and useful than a camera backpack.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_20?url=search-alias%3Delectronics&field-keywords=crumpler+banana+bowl&sprefix=crumpler+banana+bowl%2Caps%2C149&rh=n%3A560798%2Ck%3Acrumpler+banana+bowl

Provides good added protection, holds camera with lens plus one extra zoom or 2 primes.

-- hide signature --

"Don’t put your trust in revolutions. They always come around again. That's why they’re called revolutions" T. Pratchett, OBE, RIP.

57even's gear list:57even's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
jrk
rfg
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow