I thought the Q was very clever, now Pentax needs a bigger mirror-less

Started Mar 23, 2015 | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Petroglyph Veteran Member • Posts: 6,054
Re: I thought the Q was very clever, now Pentax needs a bigger mirror-less

RichRMA wrote:

GossCTP wrote:

RichRMA wrote:

Not like the K-01, which I liked but few bought. A scaled-up Q would be good, because it had a terrific, functional body. Something higher-end, build like a K3 or Olympus OM-D, higher than the other plastic K DSLRs. Plus, a new lens line so the registration distance wouldn't have to be the same as the DSLRs. Their terrific pancake lenses were frankly wasted on the K-01 owing to its bulk.

I felt that way too all the way until the official FF announcement. Ricoh doesn't have endless resources, and they all seem to be thrown at developing FF and 645 systems at the moment. I think it was an either or decision, and mirrorless is now off the table - at least until APS DSLRs really begin to decline.

They should consider putting more resources somewhere, photocopiers aren't flying out the door anymore and you can't charge $20,000 for a mid-line black and white copier anymore.

Evidently one can sell out two full production runs of 8000$ medium format camera, however. 

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Rokinon 135mm F2.0 Samyang 20mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ogl
ogl
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow