Just Received Gariz half case for my X-E1 - Nice

Started Dec 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
RheesSnow New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Just Received Gariz half case for my X-E1 - Nice

Mixalis2011 wrote:

Just received my black half case and it fits really well. The finish is first-class and I like the smooth finish to the leather. I have seen complaints elsewhere that the leather is not grained and that it doesn't smell like leather. Well, all I can say is that these people are ultra picky. I love it. I like the way the additional layer of leather adds a bit of extra grip-bulk to the existing mini-grip and the case sits flat on a flat surface. It remains firmly anchored with the 35mm lens but flops forward with the additional weight of the 18-55. Incidentally, I also have the Fuji grip and hated it because of the chamfered baseplate which make the camera unstable on any flat surface.

There is just one thing I don't get with the Gariz case: The additional chrome screw that came in the package. I cannot see what it is for, unless a replacement for the quick-release screw (which does have a habit of fouling the battery/card opening and needs had a turn to release the lid). Maybe I'm dense and there's a particularly good explanation. Anyone know what it's for?

-- hide signature --

Michael

I've just heard back from Gariz, they had an issue with the screw interrupting the use of the memory card / battery compartment. So they included a different sized bolt in the packaging so you can swap them over if you experience some compatibility issues with this.

Thanks.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
DL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow