Articulating screen

Started Mar 22, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
JohnEklund New Member • Posts: 1
Articulating screen

I think reviews should put more emphasis on the lack of articulating displays.

I think it's an insult that makers routinely put articulating displays on consumer models but fixed displays on high-end models.

I often shoot 360 degrees spherical panoramas in very difficult positions and impossible lighting conditions and I absolutely NEED an articulating screen to be able to aim, change settings and preview shots when in a challenging position above head level, tilted down or pressed against a wall. Having to buy a cheaper camera to get a swivel-mounted display is absurd. Features should only go up for higher-end models. I'd never expect to lose features for paying more. Frankly, I'm fed up. And I want the makers to know!

Latest example is the Canon EOS 5DS - a dream machine if it wasn't for the fixed screen. It repeats the mistake that prevented me from buying the Nikon D800 / D810. It seems Olympus E-3 and E-5 were exceptions. I'm stuck with my Canon 60D!

Canon EOS 60D Nikon D800 Nikon D810 Olympus E-3 Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow