My First L

Started Mar 21, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
retro76 Regular Member • Posts: 215
My First L

When I bought my 6D several weeks ago I decided to go body only and skip the 24-105. Im more of a prime guy and decided to get the 40 pancake as a walk around light kit. I starting mulling over the decision realizing the cost savings of the 24-105 bundled with the 6D and wanting a zoom for a bit more versitility so I sent my 6D back to Amazon and reordered as the kit with the 24-105 L.

The lens is big, superbly well made, has incredible fast, accurate, silent focus. The IQ is mind blowing, I get why people love L glass. This lens is like having a bunch of constang F4 primes attached, in other words the colors, contrast, and sharpness are all up to my extremely picky expectations (and trust me I am one picky F****). Even the bokeh at the long end is quite smooth.

Some people seem to be on the fence about this lens as there is quite a bit of misinformation out there about it on the web, but I can attest that this is a fine professional quality lens that leaves very little to be desired other than a faster apeture.

retro76's gear list:retro76's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Nikon 1 J4
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow