nikon view nx-i

Started Mar 17, 2015 | Discussions thread
Hazeyblue Regular Member • Posts: 158
Re: nikon view nx-i

Hazeyblue wrote:

Not quite sure why NX-i automatically deletes View NX2 during installation, as when you re-download NX2, both programmes work on the same machine...

At the moment (on my system), it's slower at previewing images than NX2 (and Photomechanic) and when an image is deleted, it doesn't automatically switch to the next image (as per NX2 & PM).

The integration with NX-D is a start, but I hoped you could transfer single images across (to NX-D). Rather, the whole folder is transferred, ensuring a wait while NX-D build's up it's cache.

Early days for NX-i, I suppose...

EDIT: At least it allows you to add Capture NX2 (and other programmes) as an 'open with' option in the tool bar across the top.

-- hide signature --

Liverpool: UK

(Running it on Apple)

Another bug I have discovered, having shot a dress rehearsal of a drama production tonight (The Crucible).

Two camera operation (pair of D4 bodies). In camera file naming has been changed to D4A and D4B. Cameras are synchronised for dates 'n times, NEF settings etc.

Open images up in NX-i, choosing the option of 'date shot' order - expecting to see the images in chronological order.

That's not the case - D4A files are displayed first, followed by D4B. However, if I rename all of the files to the same prefix, they're mixed and matched into the order I was hoping for.

View NX2 and Photomechanic just mix any (named) files into chronological order.

Hazeyblue's gear list:Hazeyblue's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Nikon D500 Nikon D5 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow