Will the Nikon D5 be a mirrorless full-frame camera?

Started Mar 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
robspeed750 New Member • Posts: 20
Re: Because the things that make a DSLR a DSLR won't be needed

AndreaV wrote:

RichRMA wrote:

And cameras with comparable capability "could be" made cheaper and the problems that have plagued DSLR's would be gone. I should qualify this by saying I do not believe the OVF is superior to the current EVF's or needed any longer.

Beside the concern about EVF lag and resolution, even with the good EVF in my Fuji x-pro1 I often have serious problems in effectively regulate a polarizer filter, and this is definitely not the case with the OVF of both my Canon 350D and 1D mkIII.

Just this would totally rule out the EVF for serious purposes for me.

On the other side I'm not sure which application would seriously require much more that 10fps... not to mention that far back in 1984 Canon released a film SLR that could shot at 14fps (http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/canonf1/html/canonf1nhighspeed.htm), so definitely 10fps is not a speed limit imposed by the mirror.

"Mirror: (The fixed (Pellicle), semi-silvered mirror is coated with 20/1000mm ultra-thin, vapor-deposited Mylar film.)"

Just like the Sony A77/99, the mirror is semi-transparent and fixed.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MXC
BJL
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow