Steer clear of Precision Camera repair!

Started Mar 16, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
BeccaBoo7 New Member • Posts: 2
Steer clear of Precision Camera repair!

Has anyone else had this experience? They have ALOT of bad reviews. Overall totally unresponsive, uncaring, haphazard, sarcastic, run knowledgeable, total disconnect of communication between customer service and repair techs. I spoke with someone on the phone who said repairs take 7 to 10 business days. My flash bulb blew so I sent it in for repairs February 18. I needed a quick turnaround for another wedding I was shooting March 7. The website showed that it was received today after I mailed it. After 10 days I had heard nothing and did not have my flash so I went online to see that there was a delay. I tried calling and the phone just rang and rang and rang. I tried calling for three straight before somebody finally answered. She said the delay was because they needed to order a part which will increase the amount they quoted so my authorization was needed. I asked why nobody tried to contact me sooner and she had no answer and was less than mildly apologetic. Very defensive tone and basically uncaring. Gave approval and she said i would have it back in 7 to 10 business days. 10 days later I still did not have my flash. Went online and saw another delay! Called again and she said they had to order parts. The parts were not ordered until six days AFTER I gave my approval. She said they expect 7 to 10 business days for parts to come in and then it would be another 7 to 10 business days before I would receive my flash. Again I ask why nobody bothered to contact me. Same uncaring attitude, and no real answer. I asked to speak with a manager, "no one was available to talk with me". It has been one month without my equipment and no end in sight. I will never use this company again!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow