Why is dpreview's image display in posts soooo bad!

Started Mar 15, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
skyglider Veteran Member • Posts: 5,299
Why is dpreview's image display in posts soooo bad!

Dpreview is a photography forum. As such, it should display images in posts with sharpness equal to the original image inserted in posts. But I notice that images uploaded from my computer and displayed within a post are very noticeably blurred compared to the original images.

For example, here a crop of my screen using Win7's snipping tool:

This picture looks quite blurred compared to the original screen crop. To see the comparison, click on the picture and then click "View Original".  Even the "View Original" sharpness is noticeably worse than the original image but at least it is tolerable.  There is no camera blur since it is just a screen crop of software text and icons. Also compare the blurriness of the text in the picture to this text that you are reading now.

The original image uploaded to dpreview is 992 x 647 pixels and 419 KB in size. Surely dpreview should be able to handle this small image without degrading it in post displays.

I'm asking dpreview to improve the quality of images that are inserted in posts.

Thank you,
Sky

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Aur
Aur
Aur
tex
tex
tex
tex
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow