Is Fuji X able to shoot dancing / music clubs or do I need a DSLR?

Started Mar 5, 2015 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tamasine Regular Member • Posts: 122
Is Fuji X able to shoot dancing / music clubs or do I need a DSLR?

Hi folks

I’m just looking for some advice please. I may have the chance to photograph at latin American dancing clubs soon.

I own an XT-1, X-Pro1 and X1oos, and use these typically for landscape, travel, etc. I actually sold my Nikon gear to downsize and have been very happy with the Fuji cameras. However, I appreciate that I will need a camera that focusses very quickly in low light, and will be shooting fast action at times.

I’m not sure if my Fuji cameras would be able to get me the pics I’m after. I realise I’ll have to bump the ISO up to at least 3200, have a fast shutter speed and a fast lens (probably use my 35mm f1.4).  I'm not sure if I can use flash, so assuming I can't.

Do any of you use your Fujis to shoot dancing, music gigs, or action in low / uneven lighting?

Or do you use a DSLR?

I still have 2-3 Nikkor lenses and could buy something like the D7100 for its AF.

Any advice would be much appreciated!  Ideally I'd like to use my X-T1 or X100S.

Sorry if it's a dumb question!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow